As I mentioned in a previous blog entry, I've been working on "Mystery Codes" for Pokémon Diamond & Pearl... Well, I believe it's time to let the cat out of the bag.
Pokémon Diamond / Pearl fans who own an Action Replay are well aware of the "Walk Anywhere" & "Run Anywhere" codes. What many of them don't realize is that using these codes improperly can cause some serious side effects... the most serious of all is when you save in an area of the game you're not supposed to be in. (I wrote about this issue in my last blog entry.)
Here are some perfect examples of places you DO NOT want to save your game; in the middle of a forrest, in any areay dispalyed as "Mystery Zone", in the black area found inside houses, centers, etc. Saving in these locations may cause your game to "lock" your character in that location when you load the save data.... even with Walk / Run Anywhere it's nearly impossible to escape and progress normally through the game.
Normally, if you've accidentally saved in one of these areas, or the game auto-saved somewhere you weren't suppsed to be, you'd have to delete your game save and start all over from the beginning. (Which doesn't make many people happy.)
I've been banging my head for a while now trying to come up with a way to fix this problem & allow these accidents to be recovered from.....
"Mystery Zone Save Fix (HOLD SELECT)"
The process can be a bit confusing, but if you follow these instructions carefully, you should be able to recover from the dreaded "Mystery Zone of Death".
STEP 1 – Entering the “Mystery Zone Fix” Code
- Insert Pokémon Diamond or Pokémon Pearl into the pass-through slot of the Nintendo DS Action Replay.
NOTE: If you do not have a pass-through port on your Action Replay, proceed to #2.
- Insert the Action Replay into the game slot.
- Turn the Nintendo DS on.
NOTE: If you have a pass-through slot on your Action Replay, proceed to #5.
- Replace the Action Replay with either Pokémon Diamond or Pokémon Pearl.
- Add the following code to your existing Pokémon Diamond or Pearl code list.
- You may either manually enter the code, or use the Action Replay Code Manager software.
CODE REVISED: 08-08-2008:
Mystery Zone Fix (HOLD SELECT WHILE SAVING)
STEP 2 – Enabling the “Mystery Zone Fix”
- Enable ONLY the “Mystery Zone Fix” tap the on-screen start button.
- Load your Pokémon Diamond or Pokémon Pearl game save progress.
The moment the save data has loaded, press the X button to access the in game menu.
NOTE: DO NOT press any buttons before pressing X to ensure access the proper in game menu.
- Choose “SAVE” from the menu.
- When prompted with “Would you like to save the game?”, choose YES.
- A second prompt will now appear; “There is already a saved file. Is it OK to overwrite it?”.
- The moment you choose “YES” to the second prompt, PRESS AND HOLD the SELECT button.
NOTE: The screen may look a little strange while you're holding select, but don't worry; this is normal.
- Continue to hold the SELECT button down while the game progress is being saved.
- Once the game has confirmed that the save was successful, power off the Nintendo DS.
STEP 3 – Verifying & Completing Fix
- With the power OFF, and no Action Replay is connected to your Nintendo DS, insert your game cartridge.
- Power ON the Nintendo DS.
- Load the existing game save data.
NOTE: The graphics may look strange at this point, but again, don't worry.... this is normal.
- Enter any one of the nearby houses.
- Exit the house.
- Open the in game menu by pressing X
- Save your game data one final time and you're done..
NOTE: Since each game save is unique, it is impossible for our code staff to accurately recreate every instance / problem that may occur when saving in a “Mystery Zone”, this code is not guaranteed to work in every situation. If this does not fix your problem, or you’re unable to access the in game menu to save your game progress, it may be necessary to send your game cartridge in to us so that our code creators may look at your specific problem.. Click here for more info.
Hopefully you found this useful & it solved any problems you were experiencing. Please leave a comment and let me know if it worked for you.
See you next time,
- Jay "FNG"
I picked up copies of both MegaMan Starforce 2 ZERKER X NINJA & MegaMan Starforce 2 ZERKER X SAURIAN yesterday, so expect to see codes soon.
As promised, the following requested games have been updated: